November 27, 2013
This post is brought to you by Plush Rugs – They specialize hand knotted rugs: http://plushrugs.com/area-rugs/weaves/hand-knotted-area-rugs/1/.
Hand knotted rugs are some of the most beautiful you can buy. These rugs are carefully crafted with precision by extremely skilled craftsmen. Many people don’t know this, but hand knotted rugs are actually among the oldest there is. Some people will use these rugs are centerpieces and others will use them as a decorative item. When used decoratively, the rugs are hung on the wall, never to be walked on.
If you’re looking to spice up your decor, then you should definitely consider the hand knotted rug. It brings life and character to any home. The good news is there are many different types to choose from with different colors, shapes, and designs. It’s critical that you analyze your decorating scheme before making a decision on what rug you want. I highly recommend you go through a third part vendor if you’re going to purchase one of these rugs. Third party vendors generally have the best deals.
It’s important to note that hand knotted rugs are generally made of wool. If you didn’t know, wool is one of the most resistant materials there is. In fact, wool can actually withstand liquid and is stain resistant. In addition, hand knotted rugs made of wool can withstand heavy amounts of foot traffic and actually spring back into its original shape.
One thing that you can look forward to when you purchase a hand knotted rug is the fact that these rugs will stand the test of time. This is the result of the high-yarn content, which makes these rugs super durable. In general, these rugs will have some gorgeous designs with flowers, animals, and birds.
If you’re looking to bring life to your dull decor, then you simply cannot go wrong with hand knotted rugs. To learn more about these rugs go here now.
November 7, 2013
This post is for anyone who is looking to learn more about some of the most beautiful trees on this planet! The ranking is in no particular order because I truly love each and every one of these trees. Enjoy
1. Hemlock – The Hemlock (Tsuga Canadensis) is one of the most beautiful trees and is excellent for the holidays. These wonderful trees can reach heights of 70 feet and thrives in zones 3-7. If this tree receives proper treatment it can grow about 2 feet per year on average.
2. Yellow Poplar or Tuliptree – The Yellow Popular, also known by its scientific name Liriodendron tulipifera, resides in the Western Hemisphere. Its native habitat is in North America from Illinois to Southern Ontario and even down to Florida or Louisiana. These massive trees can reach 165 feet in height and will typically not sprout any limbs until it’s about 100 feet in height. It’s considered to be a fast growing tree and it produces beautiful pale green or yellow flowers.
3. Sumac – Rhus lanceolata, also known as the Flam Leaf Sumac, is one of the vibrant colored trees you will find. It is explosive red and produces fruit in the fall that look like red berries. During fall, you will witness this tree’s true beauty as its leaves turn bright orange and red. And during the summer, you can expect beautiful white flowers. Sumac trees will reach about 20 feet in height and about 20 feet in width on average.
4. American Elm – Ulmus americana, also known as the American Elm, used to be one of the most dominant trees up until disease destroyed a large majority of them. These massive trees can reach up to 100 feet in height about 4 feet in width. The leaves of the American Elm are what really make it standout. On the upper part of the leaf it is rough, similar to sandpaper, and on the bottom, it is glassy smooth. The leaves have teeth on the edges. This tree’s leaves turn a beautiful yellow during the fall, making it a spectacle every tree lover must see.
5. Fast Growing Windbreak Trees – Fast growing windbreak trees are a personal favorite of mine because I live in a very windy area. I recently planted some of these and super pleased with the results. These trees can withstand very heavy midwest winds and still look beautiful while doing it. I highly recommend them if you’re looking to decrease the amount of wind surging through your landscape.
6. Flowering Dogwood – Flowering Dogwood is also known by its scientific name, Cornus florida. This small, bushy tree is perfect for anyone who is looking to spice up their landscape without being overbearing. It’s a very subtle tree because it reaches no more than 40 feet in height and about 12 inches in width. During May through June, you can expect perfect flowers.
7. October Glory Maple – Everyone knows the October Glory Maple because of its glorious color it produces during October. It is the perfect tree for spicing up a landscape and being a centerpiece of your garden. This tree thrives in zones 5-8 and in full or partial sunlight. On average, the October Glory Maple will reach about 70 feet in height.
8. Sycamore – The Sycamore, also known as the American Sycamore, Eastern Sycamore, and even Buttonwood is often regarded as the largest indigenous tree in North America. On average, it reaches about 100 feet in height and sometimes as much as 8 feet in width. This tree is found throughout Missouri
9. White Oak – The White Oak, also known by its scientific name Quercus alba, is one of the most beautiful and majestic trees you will find. During autumn, you will fitness its beautiful foliage, which allows it to act as a perfect shade tree. On average, this tree will reach about 60-100 feet in height and is considered a slow growing tree.
10. Fast Growing Privacy Trees – In addition to fast growing windbreak trees, fast growing privacy trees are equally important for anyone who is looking to surround their home or garden with beauty. Not everyone wants a fence around their house, so an excellent alternative is to plant some beautiful fast growing privacy trees. I highly recommend this because it’s much prettier
I hope you enjoyed the top 10 trees and hopefully you learned something new about these wonderful trees. Make sure you visit the resources for more in-depth information about each. Thanks for reading!
September 29, 2013
Maple trees are some of my favorite species because of the pure beauty they exude! Enjoy these amazing pics:
Please watch this video: “The Most Amazing Thing About Trees” – it’s soooo good
September 27, 2013
If you’re looking for some really cool plant pictures, then you need to check these out. Some seriously beautiful combinations of color with each of these plants.
September 21, 2013
This video shows you how unique nature can truly be. Warning… some of these are pretty inappropriate, but if you have a good sense of humor it won’t matter Check it out:
September 10, 2013
Trees are definition of beautiful nature.. check out these awesome pics: